4. One of the first things I noticed when I went to look at the car was that the passenger door would not open. After assessing the significant damage to the rear quarter and framerail, I surmised that the quarter quite possibly had been pushed forward and had the door jammed up. No amount of force could open it up, so once I started on cleaning out the interior, I opened up the trashed door panel and found that the locking mechanism was just dry and the parts were not moving properly. I reached in and started moving the levers by hand and the door opened. A liberal application of WD-40 got the locking mechanism working like new. It was also good to know that the quarter had not been pushed that far forward.