2013 Ford Mustang - Lucky '13
Like all '13 Mustangs, the Boss 302 gets the updated front and rear ends; underneath, it's got the same impressive credentials as the '12 model--444hp Boss engine, adjustable dampers, 3.73:1 rear axle, Brembo brakes, etc. Most of the Boss-specific changes are graphic, including side and hood stripes (Laguna Seca models get a single hood stripe similar to the '70 Trans-Am race cars; at press time, Ford had not released photos of the standard production Boss 302). Three new colors have been added to the Boss palette in addition to white and red--School Bus Yellow, Gotta Have It Green, and Grabber Blue. Note too that the roof is now the same color as the rest of the car, not black or white to match the side stripes. Like the '12 model, the grille incorporates fog light covers, but for '12 they are removable to allow more air to flow through the radiator.
The '13 Boss 302 also gets Ford SYNC as standard equipment, adding hands-free features like Bluetooth and other services.
The race-ready Laguna Seca model (pictured) returns without the red accents, which will come as good news to enthusiasts who disliked the black/red or silver/red treatment. For '13, the LS comes in School Bus Yellow or black with Sterling Gray accents for the grille, mirror caps, rear spoiler, and interior rear cross-brace.
At A Glance:'13 Mustang Highlights
- New front and rear styling
- 420 hp for GT
- HID headlights
- New colors: Deep Impact Blue and Gotta Have It Green
- Available SelectShift automatic for fully manual shifting
- V-6 Performance Package available with automatic Recaro seats offered for V-6 and GT
- Upgraded GT Track Pack
- Optional Shaker Pro sound system with nine speakers
- New supercharged 5.8L engine with 650 hp
- 200 mph capability
- Updated front end
- Quad exhaust tips
- Upgraded drivetrain
- Torsen differential added to Performance Pack
- Upgraded Brembo brakes
- Updated graphics with reflective '70-style hockey-stick side stripes
- New colors: School Bus Yellow, Gotta Have It Green, Grabber Blue
- SYNC standard
- Say bye to the red: Laguna Seca in School Bus Yellow or black with gray accents