Muscle Mustangs & Fast FordsNews & Views
2014 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet - New Product Announcement
2014 Cobra Jet Mustang Continues Evolution of Turnkey Race Car Program
The 2014 Cobra Jet is the latest in drag racing technology delivering speed and consistency for NHRA Stock and Super Stock racing. With over four seasons of testing, racing, and customer feedback the Cobra Jet is better than ever with exciting new features, more performance and priced to be the best value in the market. At Ford Racing we are not building a drag racing car, we are engineering a Cobra Jet.
New For 2014MY:
- New colors - Gotta Have-it Green, and an exclusive Cobra Jet-exclusive flat black (custom non-factory color)
- All-new 3-speed race transmission with SFI approved housing
- Parachute mount for racers exceeding 150mph
2014 Feature Content:
- 5.0L TiVCT engine: Supercharged - Ford Racing/Whipple 2.9L supercharger w/3.25" pulley, fully -CNC-ported heads
- Lightened body assembly optimized for weight distribution
- Electric power steering - all the assist with no parasitic loss
- Rollcage optimized for rigidity and safety through finite element analysis (FEA)
- Recaro FIA race seats
- Ford Racing suspension geometry for optimum 60' times - derived from computer modeling and hundreds of 1/4-mile runs
- Off-road only, race prepped, and turn-key for NHRA Stock or Super Stock and other racing series
- Limited Production - ONLY 50 UNITS WILL BE PRODUCED!
- Exclusive Cobra Jet content and serialized for collectability
- MSRP is $97,990 plus optional paint and graphics
How to Order:
- The 2014 Cobra Jet is available for order now at Ford dealers.
- Availability is first-come first- served - all orders over the 50 unit build will be given priority placement on future Cobra Jet builds.
- The first 50 orders will confirm options in April 2013.
- Build to commence July-October 20
Do you know the Cobra Jet.
- NHRA national event wins in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- More class wins, including the "Big Go" 2012 NHRA US Nationals where Cobra Jet claimed 9 Class wins
- Record holder in more Stock and Super Stock classes throughout 2012 than any other vehicle model
- A driving force in Ford winning the 2011 & 2012 NHRA Manufacturers Cup
- Has its own series and driving school, the Cobra Jet Showdown and the Roy Hill Cobra Jet Experience
Ford Racing Performance Parts