Muscle Mustangs & Fast FordsNews & Views
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine Associate Editor opening in Tampa, Florida
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine is currently seeking a highly motivated and skilled person to fill the position of Associate Editor in our Tampa, Florida office. The job of Associate Editor for Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine demands excellent writing and communication skills, an intimate knowledge of late-model (1979-present Ford vehicles), and the ability to interact with advertisers, clients and enthusiasts, from all walks of life.
- Must possess excellent writing/communication skills--with the ability to craft a high volume of in-depth technical and feature editorial content that is compelling and easy to understand by a wide reader demographic.
- Should have an in-depth technical knowledge of late-model Ford performance vehicle systems, including engine/drivetrain, chassis/suspension, electronics, and common performance modifications.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of the performance aftermarket as it relates to the Mustang hobby, including common modifications, racing, and the ability to spot/follow trends as they develop.
- Must be organized, punctual, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have the ability to take high-quality "still" and action photography (and video) for use in tech articles, car features, and event coverage. Knowledge of studio photography and videography is a plus.
- Must be able to interact with advertisers, racers, enthusiasts, race promoters, etc. in a professional manner.
- Must have a vast knowledge of the Internet, as it relates to current social media and the Mustang hobby.
- Be willing to travel during the week and on weekends.
- Should have the ability to build, maintain, and service Ford performance vehicles.
Specific duties include:
- Assist Publisher and Editor with planning the content and editorial direction of the magazine and web channels according to its technical/feature/event focus, in accordance with editorial policy, etc.
- Writing a high volume of content for use in the magazine and MM&FF website and FB/Twitter pages.
- Photographing and gathering video for car features, events, and technical articles, etc.
- Traveling to specific events, including press launches, track tests, race and show events, car shoots, tech installs, etc.
- Assist Publisher and Editor with developing editorial calendar for the magazine.
- Assist Publisher and Sr. Tech Editor to develop monthly story plan for magazine.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal on a monthly basis.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for all content channels and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization.
- Read editorial copy proofs to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Manage selected MM&FF project cars and programs.
- Interface with Account Executives/National Account Managers to build a solid rapport with MM&FF advertisers for the purpose of building new editorial content ideas
- Travel to events and/or shops for the purposes of creating/covering editorial.
- Build a catalogued digital library of generic tech/feature pictures for use in MM&FF stories.
- Manage the production cycle in conjunction with Managing Editor and Production Department.
If interested, please visit " target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.sourceinterlink.com and select "Careers," then "Current Opportunities." Search for the Associate Editor posting and submit your application.
In addition, please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit us at www.musclemustangfastfords.com