Muscle Mustangs & Fast FordsNews & Views
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Job Opportunity
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine is currently accepting applications for the position of Associate Editor.
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine is currently accepting applications for the position of Associate Editor. Are you a fan of automotive magazines? Do you like travel, Mustang racing, and are you on top of the current late-model Ford performance trends? MM&FF is the leading Ford performance magazine, and we are currently looking for a motivated person who can add to our team and enhance our print and online content for enthusiast audiences. Do you have what it takes? If you are an experienced editor with solid writing and photography skills, we want to talk to you about joining us in our Tampa, Florida office.
- Assist Editor with editorial planning for magazine and website.
- Interact with Editors to strategize photography and layout.
- Photograph and write product reviews, feature articles, technical articles and event coverage.
- Coordinate efforts with publisher and sales force.
- Coordinate test products used for stories by working with manufacturers and aftermarket parts manufacturers.
- Establish and maintain industry contacts, includes travel to trade shows.
- Frequent travel may be required
- 2 - 4 years publishing experience preferred.
- Journalism or English degree desired.
- Previous experience as an editor/writer/photographer in a publishing environment, or equivalent education and experience.
- Digital photography skills strongly preferred.
- Excellent writer able to communicate complex issues in lively, clear and concise prose.
- Must posses a working knowledge of intended hobby/topic (in this case, late-model Ford vehicle and the related performance trends).
- Must be able to create new and interesting story lines while working quickly and meeting short deadlines.
- Must be a team player.
- Language skills suitable for a professional publishing position, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation, plus proofreading and copyediting capabilities.
- Knowledge of magazine publishing procedures and tools desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Quark Express
We offer a competitive benefit program including a 401k plan and generous PTO plan.
Please submit resume and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Assoc Ed-FL" in the subject line. EOE, M/F, D/V.
Source Interlink Companies is a leading marketing, merchandising, content and fulfillment company of entertainment products, including DVDs, music CDs, magazines, books and related items. The Company's fully integrated businesses include:
- Distribution and fulfillment of entertainment products to major retail chains throughout North America and directly to consumers of entertainment products ordered through the Internet.
- Provider of magazines, events, television shows, radio programming and related Web sites for automobile, marine, equine, outdoor sports, home tech, daytime television and other enthusiast audiences.
- Import and export of periodicals sold in more than 100 markets worldwide.
- Coordination of product selection and placement of impulse items sold at checkout counters.
- Processing and collection of rebate claims as well as management of sales data obtained at the point-of-purchase.
- Design, manufacture and installation of wire fixtures and displays in major retail chains.
- Licensing of children's and family-friendly home entertainment products.
Source Interlink serves approximately 110,000 retail store locations throughout North America. Supply chain relationships include consumer goods advertisers, subscribers, movie studios, record labels, magazine and newspaper publishers, confectionary companies and manufacturers of general merchandise. For more information, please visit the Company's website at www.sourceinterlink.com.