5.0 Mustang & Super FordsNews & Views
2011 Ford Fiesta Announcement
Technology Adds Class-Leading Features, Convenience, Connectivity
- The North American Ford Fiesta arrives with class-leading levels of technology, convenience and connectivity
- The latest version of Ford SYNC(R) with turn-by-turn navigation, a standard audio input jack and an available audio upgrade will keep Fiesta drivers connected and entertained
- An extensive option list, spread over two unique body styles and four trim series, helps tailor a Fiesta to precise customer desires. Available Ford Custom Accessories such as on-car graphic tattoos allow drivers to further personalize their Fiesta
Ford's all-new Fiesta will deliver class-leading levels of standard and available technology that will add convenience and connectivity when it goes on sale in North America this summer.
Fiesta features - including Push Button Start, a PowerShift transmission and Ford SYNC hands-free communications and entertainment system - are not found on competitive products like Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris or Nissan Versa.
"Strong features and technologies that customers want are hallmarks of what Fiesta offers," said Sam De La Garza, Fiesta brand manager. "But we took it further by providing ways for customers to let their personalities shine with our graphics options. Each time you see your Fiesta, you'll know it was made for you."
Powered by Ford's new 1.6-liter Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) I-4 engine mated to a standard five-speed manual or an optionally available PowerShift six-speed automatic transmission, Fiesta also features fuel-saving Electric Power Assist Steering (EPAS), a standard four-speaker AM/FM stereo with input jack, Easy Fuel(R) Capless Fuel-Filler, solar-tinted glass, air conditioning, first-row carpeted floor mats, a floor consolette and a tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel.
Convenient and cool
Fiesta offers a wide array of available technologies including class-exclusive Intelligent Access with Push Button Start, a remote starting system and keyless entry keypad for added driver convenience. Heated exterior side-view mirrors boost visibility. Ambient lighting allows Fiesta drivers to choose between seven interior accent lighting colors, while SIRIUS(R) satellite radio adds to the car's comfortable and sporty package. A four-inch multi-function screen gives occupants useful information at a glance from the cell phone-inspired centerstack.
Trimmed for driving
Fiesta accommodations include first-row cloth bucket seats with adjustable headrests, four-way adjustable driver's seat and two-way adjustable front passenger seat. Second-row seating features a cloth 60/40-split folding seat with adjustable headrests. Seat surface choices include a leather option, or leather with sporty, contrast piping.
Fiesta features seven standard airbags, including an innovative new driver's knee airbag specifically developed to help reduce injuries in frontal collisions.
A knee airbag for the driver isn't available at any price in Fit, Yaris or Versa. In Fiesta, it comes as standard equipment.
Fiesta includes a three-blink lane change indicator. Touch the stalk once, in the direction of your desired lane change, and the indicator lamps will blink three times before self-canceling. No need for the driver to cancel the indicators or to worry that they will keep blinking, by mistake.
An available convenience package includes remote keyless entry, AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 capability, as well as automatic locking doors. Fiesta also offers an optional power-operated moonroof.
Ford Custom Accessories Several packages are offered through Ford Custom Accessories across the Fiesta range with participating dealerships. These include:
- Illuminated Interior Accessory Package: With illuminated front door sill plates and shift knob
- Metallic Interior Accessory Package: With metallic front door sill plates and shift knob
- Interior Protection Package: With floor mats and cargo area protection
- Exterior Protection Package: With splash guards and bumper protection
- Cargo Management Package: With a cargo net and soft, folding cargo organizer
More personalization opportunities Fiesta offers buyers a choice of multiple graphics packages to individualize their cars. For customers who want to put their mark on the Fiesta, for the first time ever Ford is offering a unique Fiesta body-side tattoo graphic. A second option features Ford custom graphics by Original Wraps, which lets customers choose the size and design of body-side graphics from a portfolio of images.
Fiesta means more The Fiesta SE four-door sedan or five-door hatchback body style provides buyers with remote keyless entry, CD and MP3 capabilities for the audio system, automatic locking doors, a message center in the instrument cluster, additional interior lighting, a choice of three unique cloth seating surfaces, visor mirrors, power-assisted windows with driver's one-touch up/down functionality and metallic painted interior accent trim. Fiesta SE also offers buyers the choice of premium Red Candy tinted clearcoat paint.
Fiesta features additional option packages such as:
- SYNC & Sound: Includes an additional auxiliary 12-volt power point, supplemental audio controls, 80-watt premium sound with six speakers, a unique center console and Ford SYNC voice-activated communications and entertainment system with 911 Assist(TM), Vehicle Health Report and Traffic, Directions & Information services. This includes turn-by-turn navigational assistance.
- Sport Appearance Package: Includes 15-inch painted aluminum wheels, LED exterior marker lamps, speed control and a decklid spoiler on four-door versions.
- Winter Package: Includes heated seats and heated side-view mirrors.
- SIRIUS Satellite and Ambient Lighting Package: Includes SIRIUS satellite radio with a six-month prepaid subscription as well as ambient lighting, which allows Fiesta occupants to select seven interior accent colors.
The SES Sport and SEL Fiestas add the 80-watt premium audio system with six speakers and an additional auxiliary 12-volt power point located on the floor console for rear passengers.
Other features on the SES Sport and SEL include a unique floor console, carpeted rear floor mats, ambient lighting, LED driving lamps with chrome bezels, mirror-mounted side marker lamps, heated exterior side-view mirrors, speed control and P195/50R-16 tires mounted on 16-inch aluminum wheels with premium paint.
Ford SYNC-related features included in SES and SEL variants are steering wheel-mounted audio controls complemented by a leather-wrapped steering wheel and electrochromatic auto-dimming rearview mirror.
SES and SEL series offer an Upgrade Package including Intelligent Access with Push Button Start, heated seat cushions, a perimeter alarm and chrome beltline and decklid moldings. In addition, this series offers leather-trimmed seats and the availability of an additional premium paint color - Yellow Blaze metallic tri-coat. Premium paint colors for Fit, Yaris and Versa are not offered.
"If you want it, Fiesta has it," said De La Garza. "Customers can take Fiesta and tailor it to fit their needs and wants, whether it's through model offerings, features or personalization accessories."