5.0 Mustang & Super Fords
Ford Announces the release of the 2008 Bullitt Mustang
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 6 - Four decades after hitting thebig screen and redefining the onscreen car chase, the Ford MustangBullitt returns to the streets in 2008, blending the best Mustang everwith the latest Ford Racing technology. This modern classic delivers abalance of power and performance, thanks to special chassis andsuspension tweaks as well as the 315 horsepower and 325 pound-feed oftorque that Bullitt delivers through its 4.6-liter V-8 engine.
* More horses: Featuring the latest in Ford RacingTechnology, Bullitt's 4.6-liter V-8 delivers 315 horsepower and 325pound-feet of torque.
* Sport-tuned: Modified chassis and suspension improvesan already competent and capable chassis to deliver the most balancedMustang ever.
* Film-inspired: Dark Highland Green exterior paintcalls back the original movie car, while a specially mastered DVD helpedFord engineers deliver an exhaust note that matches the film.
* Mustang magic: Bullitt is the latest in a line ofspecial editions that keep Mustang news fresh. Plus, it delivers on theMustang tradition of unique products that fit customers' individualpreferences: a steed for every need.
* Bottom line: Bullitt carries on the Mustang traditionof affordable performance with a $31,075 Manufacturer's Suggested RetailPrice (MSRP). A limited production run of 7,700 units is planned.
WATCH FOR THE FULL TEST OF THE NEW BULLITT MUSTANG, INCLUDING DRAGSTRIP AND DYNO NUMBERS IN THE FEBRUARY '08 ISSUE OF 5.0 MUSTANG & SUPER FORDS, ON SALE DECEMBER 11th!