Muscle Mustangs & Fast FordsNews & Views
See the First S550 Mustang with Factory IRS to Break into the 8’s!
There’s been a lot of chatter lately on which suspension to use for a S550 Mustang to eliminate IRS wheel hop and take the new S550 Mustang to the next level. The team at Steeda just announced that John Urist's wife, Melissa, drove the first factory IRS S550 Mustang to break into the eights, with an 8.906 ET. Yes, Melissa did it first and it all took place last weekend during the Street Car Super Nationals at Las Vegas Motor Speedway!
The parts that made the difference are included in Steeda’s Stop the Hop package:
- Base Hellion 'Eliminator' twin turbo kit
- Precision turbo twin 55mm head units
- Turbosmart e boost 2 boost controller
- Fore Innovations fuel system
- Circle D converter
- Deatschwerks fuel injectors
- JMS transbrake
- MMR short-block