Mustang MonthlyHow To Drivetrain
Ford Mustang Overdrive Manual Transmission - How To Choose An Overdrive Manual Transmission
There Have Never Been More Choices For Classic And Late-Model Mustangs
Tremec World Class T-5* Features
- Short-throw shifter
- 310 ft-lb torque capacity
- Double moly Second and Third gear countershaft cluster gears
- Carbon-fiber 3-4 blocker rings
- Improved synchronizers and bearings
- 1.0625-inch diameter 10-spline input shaft (just like classic Top Loader)
- 28-spline output shaft
- 7-tooth speedometer drive gear
- Cobra-style heavy-duty pocket bearing
- Steel input bearing retainer
- Weight: 83 pounds
|Fourth Gear:||1.00:1 Straight Drive|
Why buy a new Tremec T-5 from Ford Racing? Because of what it will cost you in time and money to rebuild an existing one unless you're restoring a classic Fox-body Mustang. The beauty of a new World Class T-5 is convenience and reliability. Order one from Ford Racing or Summit Racing Equipment for under $1,400.
*For 289/302/351W/351C and '67-up 200/250ci sixes only
|Boneyard T-5 Facts|
If you're going to rebuild an older T-5 transmission, look to D&D Performance in Detroit for most of the parts you'll need for a complete rebuild. At press time, a complete T-5 rebuild kit is $189. Hard and soft parts are also available.
** Ford also offered a 0.63:1 overdrive ratio in 1983.