Modified Mustangs & Fords
1969 Ford Mustang - Candy Man
Like humans, cars can complete some pretty crazy journeys over their life spans.
While to you and I Frank's Mustang looks every bit show ready, Frank is keen to point out that he's planning on "bringing the car back to full show condition." He's also planning on customizing the interior, re-trimming the trunk and fitting a more modern and extensive audio system.
Whatever the case, this sweet 'Stang has enjoyed a pretty amazing journey already. Luckily for this car, it looks like its future is safe with the Kolarik family, too. No parts hauling or soccer practice runs on the horizon for this classic.
Frank's GT is really a well restored example of a rare roofless 'Stang--not a hugely modified custom. This is evident in the cabin where you'll find a largely factory-style interior; albeit an immaculate factory interior that has been accentuated by a color-matched rollbar and blood red carpets.
Frank Kolarik's '69 Mustang GT
- 351ci Windsor built by D&S Engine Specialists (Detroit, MI)
- Autolite four-barrel 4300 carburetor
- Aftermarket camshaft
- Electronic distributor
- FMX Cruise-O-Matic
- Stock Ford torque converter
- Stock Ford Flexplate
- Ford 9-inch
- Ford Traction-Lok
- 28-spline axles
- 3.25:1 gears
- Ceramic-coated factory manifolds
- Dual 2-1/2-inch stainless steel exhaust
- Front: Stock coil spring and shock, heavy-duty sway bar
- Rear: Stock leaf spring and shock, Under-ride traction bars, tubular chassis connectors
- Front: Stock disc
- Rear: Stock disc
- Front: Boss Motorsport billet aluminum, 20x8.5-inch
- Rear: Boss Motorsport billet aluminum, 20x8.5-inch
- Front: P245/30ZR20 BFGoodrich g-Force KDW
- Rear: P265/30ZR20 BFGoodrich g-Force KDW
- Refurbished standard trim, Kenwood KRC-2007 radio/cassette player, standard door-mounted speakers, lap belts with Mustang badges on catches, blood red carpets
- Candy Apple Red basecoat/clearcoat applied by Jim Tech Inc (Detroit, MI), Color-matched rollbar, hoodscoop with custom grille, front air dam, GT stripe kit, hood-mounted tach, hoodpins