Modified Mustangs & Fords
1970 Boss 302 Mustang - Dream Achieved
Michelle Holstien Wanted A Boss 302 All Of Her Childhood. Look What Happened At The Tender Age Of 21.
On the ground, you can see what she did to improve handling and braking. Those are four-wheel Baer disc brakes in all four corners. Michelle's careful choices, like the 15-inch Minilite wheels and Daytona SR P235/60R15 and P255/60R15 tires, yielded both increased handling and a tolerable ride.
When it was time for paint and bodywork, Michelle chose Glasurit two-stage urethane in Medium Lime Metallic, and the Boss stripes came from eBay. Gil Terrazas of Ranger Performance worked the Mustang's body for weeks on end before it was acceptable enough for paint. The end result is a color-sanded, hand-rubbed mirror finish.
When Michelle and her buddies wrapped up the Boss project, her next goal was to learn how to drive at speed. She has been to some of the more notable road racing courses around California, including Laguna Seca and Button Willow. Hot Rod's annual Power Tour has taken her and the Boss back to the Midwest and the East. The car is not only fast, but fiercely reliable.
Michelle will tell you she could not have accomplished this effort alone. She's indebted to her friends at Ranger Performance. These gentlemen jumped on the bandwagon and helped Michelle because they believed in her. And when you consider the end result, each enjoys a wonderful sense of peace knowing Michelle's Boss 302 is a lifelong dream achieved.
Photo GalleryView Photo Gallery
Michelle Holstien's '70 Boss 302 Mustang
- Boss 302ci
- Boss 302 four-bolt main block w/screw-In freeze plugs
- Forged 11.0:1-compression pistons
- Stock steel crankshaft, 3.00-inch stroke
- Boss 302 C3AE rods with broached 3/8-inch bolts
- Boss 302 w/poly-angle 2.19/1.71-inch valves, 57cc wedge chambers
- Comp Cams hydraulic flat tappet - 0.648/0.627-inch lift
- Bud Moore mini-plenum intake manifold
- Holley 780-cfm 4150
- 410 dyno-proven horsepower at 7,000 rpm
- Tremec T-5 five-speed
- 10.5-inch McLeod clutch
- Ford 9-Inch, 3.89 gears, 31-spline axles, Traction-Lok
- Hooker 48-inch Super Comp headers, 3-inch pipes, electric cut-outs
- Front: stock coil-over-upper-arm with heavy-duty springs, Koni adjustable shocks
- Rear: 53 x 2.5-inch heavy-duty leaves, lowering blocks, Koni adjustable shocks
- Front: Baer 12-inch disc, braided hoses, stainless steel lines
- Rear: Baer 11.35-inch disc, braided hoses stainless steel lines
- Front: Polished Minilite, 15x8-inch
- Rear: Polished Minilite, 15x8-inch
- Front: Dayton Daytona SR, P235/60/R15
- Rear: Dayton Daytona SR, P255/60/R15
- Standard Black Vinyl Interior with high-back bucket seats, Momo steering wheel, custom console with aftermarket instruments, Hurst shifter
- Glasurit Medium Lime Metallic urethane, Shaker hood induction, Boss 302 graphics