Modified Mustangs & FordsEvents
SEMA Show 2012
Crashing the automotive aftermarket's biggest party in search of the latest high-performance parts
9. Edelbrock unveiled its new E-Street electronic fuel injection system that is designed to work with any carburetor intake manifold with a 4150-style flange. The system is ready to run right out of the box, features a wide-band oxygen sensor for accurate air/fuel ratio monitoring, and utilizes dynamic fuel control to learn your engine's requirements. One thing that sets the E-Street EFI apart from others is the included 7-inch tablet used to program the system. The tablet is a wireless, blue-tooth-based unit that also offers a digital dashboard application for engine monitoring. To complement the E-Street EFI, Edelbrock offers a few different fuel system options, including this new universal fuel reservoir kit. This kit is designed for vehicles that are equipped with low-pressure, carbureted fuel systems, and is installed under the hood. The reservoir kit eliminates the need for a return line and is capable of delivering a constant 60 psi of fuel pressure.
10. For all of the Coyote 5.0L engine swappers out there, C&R Racing is offering this aluminum radiator/electric fan setup just for classic Mustangs. C&R offers high-quality, high-performance radiators for most Mustangs, and now they are offering one just for classic Mustangs that have a Coyote between the fenders. Available with the standard core or race core, each radiator comes with AN-20 inlets and outlets, as well as an internal thermostat and Spal dual electric fans.
11. San Diego-based HRE Wheels and Wisconsin-based automotive artisans Ringbrothers have come together to offer the new Ringbrothers Editions by HRE Wheels. Mike and Jim Ring have certainly pushed the envelope of muscle car design, and they have applied that same design philosophy to the new Ringbrothers wheel line. HRE will initially offer two unique Ringbrothers designs, the RB1 that utilizes HRE's proven Monoblok technology, while the RB2 (Pictured) is a lightweight, high-strength forged three-piece. The new Ringbrothers Editions will be available in 18-, 19-, 20-, and 21-inch diameters, with widths ranging from 8 to 13 inches. Custom bolt patterns are also available as are optional center-lock hubs.
12. Designed to complement the EZ-EFI 2.0 system, these die-cast aluminum valve covers and air cleaner are a nice high-end upgrade over your typical stamped and chrome-plated steel dress up items. The FAST logo is prominently displayed on both of these black-crinkle-coated items, and the valve covers feature a tall profile for valvetrain clearance. Breathers are included, and the valve covers (not the SBC ones pictured, of course) fit small-block Ford engines. The unique air cleaner features a hidden fastener design that is covered with a magnetic logo insert, and it is available in 14x8x3 and 14x12x2½ sizes.
13. McLeod Racing's new Line Launch is sure to be a hit with the drag racing crowd. It allows you to disengage the clutch hydraulically, and at the push of the button, drop the hammer and enjoy hard launches. An added benefit is that McLeod has a two-stage switch, so you can tie the Line Launch into your roll control device and operate the two simultaneously.
14. For small-block Ford race engines operating in the 3,500-7,500rpm range, Trick Flow now offers a carbureted R-Series intake manifold. Features include extra material for porting, integrated bosses for fuel injectors or nitrous nozzles, and a choice of mounting patterns.
15. Scott Drake just came out with this Boss 302-style oil pan baffle and pickup tube. Made to fit the Scott Drake Mustang reproduction oil pan, this kit is a great upgrade to your early 260/289/302 small-block and will help prevent oil starvation during spirited driving.
16. The latest in bolt-on EFI, FAST's EZ-EFI 2.0 features ignition control, a higher flowing and higher horsepower capable throttle body, and tuning that will support 1,200 horsepower. The handheld tuning interface has been updated with a color touch screen, as well as on-board diagnostics and EZ-Test indicator lights. EZ-EFI can be used with a number of different fuels, and comes dressed in a sweet black crinkle coat.
17. Taking advantage of Ford’s EcoBoost technology is this 3.5L V-6 EcoBoost crate engine from Ford Racing Performance Parts. The twin-turbo, direct-injected mill offers a stout 365 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque—enough to embarrass most small-blocks these days—while offering superior fuel economy. As no one has had a chance to drop one of these between the fenders of a classic Mustang, the jury is still out on shock tower fitment, however, Ford Racing will make the install easy by offering an electronic controls pack for the engine. Look for this to hit the shipping docks in the spring of 2013.
18. Available for '64-'68 Mustangs, these remote control mirrors from Scott Drake feature integrated LED turn signals. Trick pieces for sure and a nice addition to your restomod.
19. For those high-friction, high-heat racing environments, C&R Racing offers this Pro-touring Ford 9-Inch Rear Gear with Internal Oil pump. The pump circulates the diff fluid to an external cooler to ensure optimum lubrication of the differential and ring and pinion gears. The lightweight, nodular-iron housing can be fitted with optional gears that have been chemically treated to reduce friction. C&R offers the package with numerous gear and differential options as well.
20. Seeing a need for something a bit more aggressive than what it offers in it's current line up of hydraulic roller, small-block Ford camshafts, Trick Flow Specialties just added a pair of race-bred profiles to its Track Max line. The smaller of the two features a duration split of 242/246 at 0.050, with lift figures of 0.595.595 and an LSA of 110 degrees. The more aggressive of the two profiles features the same LSA and lift figures, while stepping up duration to 250/254 at 0.050.
21. NASCAR brought in electronic fuel injection to its Sprint Cup series in 2012, and Holley now offers the same 950-cfm throttle body that is used on those 200-mph screamers for your hot rod at home. Terminator EFI is a bolt-on EFI system that is ready to start and run after answering just a few short questions about your combination. The unit self tunes from there. The integrated injectors are designed for 200- to 600hp applications, and the throttle body will fit any 4150-flanged intake manifold. Holley offers a number of optional fuel systems as well.
22. Eight Stack Injection had a number of products on display, including this small-block Ford setup that featured black wrinkle coat assemblies, along with polished stacks and manifold. Looking to complement it's offering for Windsor, FE, and SOHC engines, Eight Stack also has plans for a forthcoming eight-stack injection system for the 5.0L Coyote engine as well.
23. Robert Pond Motorsports was on hand to display its latest SOHC high-performance engine parts, including these trick aluminum cylinder heads. The CNC-ported runners are said to flow about 15 percent better than the factory castings, and RPM added five additional boltholes to the exhaust flange for better sealing. Whether you need individual parts or a complete engine, Robert Pond Motorsports most likely has you covered on the 427 SOHC front.