5.0 Mustang & Super FordsEvents
Mustang Contest - Castrol Syntec "Win A Dream Engine" Contest
1. Contest DescriptionThe Castrol SYNTEC "Win A Dream Engine" Contest (The "Contest") is a contest of automotive knowledge and writing skill. Each entrant must correctly complete a five (5) question quiz in order to have his/her explanation (in 100 words or less) judged to the question, "If I had $5,000 to build my Dream Engine, I would...". The Contest is open to eligible, legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older by April 1, 2003, have a valid driver's license and a good driving record at time of entry. YOU MUST PAY APPROXIMATELY $20 TO COMPETE IN THE CONTEST. The Contest begins on April 1, 2003, and ends on September 30, 2003. The Contest is sponsored by Castrol North America Inc., Wayne, NJ.
2. How To EnterEach entrant must submit a completed Official Entry Form, for either the import or domestic engine category, with: (1) the five (5) question quiz correctly completed; (2) an explanation (in 100 words or less) answering the question, "If I had $5,000 to build my Dream Engine, I would..."; and (3) proof of purchase of a minimum of four (4) quarts of Castrol SYNTEC (any grade). Entry forms can be found online at http://dreamengine.castrolusa.com. CT, TN, MD, VT AND AZ RESIDENTS MAY OMIT PROOFS OF PURCHASE. Limit (1) one entry per postmarked envelope. SEND ALL ABOVE ITEMS IN AN ENVELOPE WITH SUFFICIENT POSTAGE TO: SYNTEC "WIN A DREAM ENGINE" CONTEST, P.O. Box 638, Riverton, NJ 08077-0638. PLEASE CLEARLY PRINT YOUR NAME, COMPLETE ADDRESS, DATE OF BIRTH, AND DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER ON THE ENTRY. PROOF OF PURCHASE IS AN ORIGINAL STORE RECEIPT(S) WITH THE FOUR (4) QUART PURCHASE OF CASTROL SYNTEC CLEARLY MARKED. Entries must be postmarked by October 7, 2003 and received by October 14, 2003. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected, illegible, or mutilated entries.
3. JudgingJudges will select winners from all eligible entries. Entries will be judged by a panel of experts, including select editors of Primedia automotive enthusiasts group publications, NHRA Powerade Series race car driver Tony Pedregon, and NHRA Sport Compact Series race car driver JoJo Callos, whose decisions are final in all respects. The judges will review each submission, as they deem appropriate in their sole discretion. Qualified entries (entries with the five (5) questions answered correctly) will be judged equally on the following criteria: 1. Automotive Knowledge (25%) 2. Selection Rationale (25%) 3. Safe and Responsible Driving Attitude (25%) and 4. Originality (25%). Winners will be notified by phone and/or mail by November 15, 2003.
4. PrizesTwo (2) Grand Prizes Winners (one domestic car owner, one import car owner) will receive $5,000.00 each towards the purchase of bolt-on engine parts to modify the engine in the car he/she currently owns. Each winner will also receive a one (1) year supply of Castrol Syntec full synthetic motor oil (20 quarts). Approx. Retail Value (ARV) of each Grand Prize is $5,120.00. Total ARV of contest prizes is $10,240.00. Winners are responsible for all engine component installation and other fees associated with modifying their vehicles. EARLY ENTRANT AWARD. The first 20,000 people who send in eligible entries will received a CD specially mastered for this promotion. Potential winners must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release and Assignment of Rights, where legal. In the event the winner is a minor, the prize will be awarded in the name of the parent/ legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. These documents must be submitted within 14 days of attempted notification. Noncompliance within this time period, or return of any prize notification as undeliverable, will result in forfeiture of prize and an alternate winner may be selected. All taxes on prizes, if any, are the responsibility of the winners. Prizes may not be transferred. Limit one prize per person.
5. EligibilityThis Contest is open to all legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry, except employees and their immediate families (spouses and parents, siblings and children and their spouses) of Castrol North America, its affiliates or subsidiaries, its advertising agencies and any other company, including Primedia, involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of this promotion. Entries must be original and the sole property of the entrant and cannot have been previously published or have won prizes. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, OR WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
6. General ConditionsEntrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to this contest. All federal, state and local laws apply. All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Entry, and parental/legal guardian written consent, in the event the winner is a minor, constitutes permission to use the winner's name, photo and/or likeness for advertising, trade purposes and promotional use without further compensation, except where prohibited or restricted by law. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant, including but not limited to, use of explanation submitted regarding their Dream Engine, whether or not such submission is selected as a winning entry. Submission of any entry further constitutes the entrant's consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights. Entries: must be the original work of the entrant; may not have won previous awards; may not have been published previously; must not infringe third-party rights, and must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent). Judging will be completed on or about November 1, 2003. In the event there are duplicate/similar entries submitted by multiple entrants, and such entries are selected as a "winning" entry by the judges, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner from among all eligible duplicate/similar phrases selected by the judging panel. For Wisconsin residents only, in the event that there are duplicate/similar entries submitted by multiple entrants and such entries are selected as a "winning" entry by the judges, duplicate prizes will be awarded.
By participating in the Contest, participants and winners release Sponsor and its parents, partners, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, advertising agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with the Contest or the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize, or while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any prize related activity. Castrol North America Inc. will assume no liability for any consequences resulting from participation in the contest or receipt of contest prizes, including but not limited to, faulty or incorrect parts purchased, faulty or incorrect installation of parts or any damage to the engine or vehicle as a result of any changes made to the vehicle.
7. Official RulesThe official rules appear on www.castrolusa.com and in May/June issues of Primedia car enthusiast publications.
8. Winner's ListFor the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by April 1, 2004 to: Castrol Syntec Contest Winners List, P.O. Box 654, Dept. WL, Riverton, NJ 08077-0654.
9. SponsorCastrol North America Inc., 1500 Valley Road, Wayne, NJ 07470.