Modified Mustangs & FordsEvents
Ford 1933 Custom Coupe To Grace Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale
Scottsdale Auction January 12-19, 2014
Soon to grace the stage at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale is this custom 3-window 1933 custom coupe by RideTech (Lot #1286). According to the description, this old Ford took 3,000 hours to build and is powered by an all-aluminum 427cid small-block Ford engine capable of 580 horsepower.
Other goodies featured on this build include a magnesium NASCAR 4-speed, a Winters quick change rear end, 14-inch Baer brakes hiding behind Forgeline wheels, and a Holley EFI system. It also features an on-board fire suppression system, a Fuel Safe fuel cell, full stainless steel roll cage, and a stainless 3-inch exhaust.
The body of this Ford is by Factory Five and the riveted aluminum interior has been hand-formed by the craftsmen at RideTech along with the decklid hinges, rear spoiler, license plate bezel, and many other handcrafted brackets and mounts.
Aluminum seats include ergonomic foam cushions and custom leather covers by Recovery Room. Chassis work includes custom fabricated front control arms, Woodward rack & pinion front steering system, Tilton floor-mounted pedals, custom fabricated wishbone rear suspension system, and RideTech triple adjustable coilovers.
Achievements for this car as listed:
• 2012 Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational Brake Stop Competition (winner)
• 2012 Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational (3rd Place Overall)
• 2012 Goodguys Pro Series (winner)
• 2012 Goodguys Street Rod Series (winner)
• 2013 Optima Face Off at Road America Brake Stop Competition (winner)
• 2013 Optima Face Off at Road America (winner)
• June 2013 Hot Rod Magazine Cover Car
• June 2013 Hot Rod Magazine 10-page Feature Article
• Featured on five of the Optima Street Car TV shows
This ’33 Ford custom coupe has been raced, tested, street-driven, refined, tuned and has brought in tremendous success. Title lists the car as a 1933 Factory Five Racing Replica and it is branded as a rebuilt vehicle. It was disassembled, refurbished for Barrett-Jackson at the end of 2013 and is now ready to rock the auction. More info and photos here!